The Women Leaders Institute is pleased to announce our inaugural Developing Diverse Leaders Scholarship initiative. We strongly believe in the need to build a diverse pipeline of leaders that are executive-ready to better reflect the communities we serve.
We are offering scholarship assistance to women from diverse backgrounds who have historically been underrepresented in the public sector. This includes (but not limited to) First Nations women, linguistically and culturally diverse women, women living with disability and members of the LGBTQI+ community. The scholarship will cover the two-day conference fee to attend our annual Public Sector Women in Leadership Summit.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for aspiring changemakers with:
- Leadership potential and/or experience– we appreciate leadership on any scale
- Intellectual curiosity and growth mindset – you’re ready to take action steps to advance to the next level of leadership
- Ambition and drive – but unable to access/receive substantial funding for leadership training
Priority will be given to applicants from community and/or small Not-For-Profit organisations.
Why should you apply?
Women are underrepresented at leadership and management levels in Australian workplaces, significantly women from diverse backgrounds. By building a more diverse talent pipeline that feeds into our workforce, we can provide more opportunities for women from underrepresented groups to pursue and thrive in leadership positions.
How to apply?
- Name, Job Title and Organisation
- Management Level (Early Career, Mid or Senior)
- Link to your LinkedIn profile (if applicable)
- Event location that you are applying for:
- Why you’re applying for the WLI Scholarship and how it will help you
Please note, we welcome applications from undergraduates too!
Once applications have been reviewed, successful candidates will be notified by email. Applications close four weeks before the event.